Cover and Volume Illustration
The background of the colored cover is yellow, and the title logo is white with a shade of red. The author's name is printed in black.
Many Pro Heroes and U.A. Teachers are in front of the yellow background printed in red. All Might is in front of the Pro Heroes and U.A. teachers, smiling. Izuku Midoriya is in the center of the cover, in front of All Might, wearing his middle school uniform with an excited look on his face.
On the spine, Izuku is featured, this time on his U.A. uniform, also on a yellow background. The volume illustration features Izuku, Katsuki Bakugo, Ochaco Uraraka and Tenya Iida walking through U.A.'s front gates. The back cover depicts Mt. Lady posing for a shampoo commercial, and Kamui Woods being featured in an anti-littering commercial.
|“||This is my third series to be collected into graphic novels. Forgive me if this sounds reckless, but the thing I prioritize most when drawing manga is creating something that I can enjoy. This one might not remain popular, but for now, I'll just be happy if everyone finds it as fun as I do.||”|
Middle school student Izuku Midoriya wants to be a hero more than anything, but he hasn’t got an ounce of power in him. With no chance of ever getting into the prestigious U.A. High School for budding heroes, his life is looking more and more like a dead end. Then an encounter with All Might, the greatest hero of them all, gives him a chance to change his destiny…
- 001: Izuku Midoriya: Origin (
緑 谷 出 久：オリジン Midoriya Izuku: Orijin?)
- 002: Roaring Muscles (うなれ
筋 肉Unare Kin'niku?)
- 003: Entrance Exam (
- 004: Starting Line (スタート ライン Sutāto Rain?)
- 005: Smashing into Academia (はりさけろ
入 学Harisakero Nyūgaku?)
- 006: What I Can Do For Now (
今 僕に 出 来ることを Ima Boku ni Dekiru Koto o?)
- 007: Costume Change? (
服 着よう? Fuku Kiyō??)
|“||Thank you for reading Volume 1. This is a story I've been wanting to do for a while, so I'm really glad it got serialized. The next volume is going to see an explosion of new characters, and I'll keep wracking my right hand at full throttle to make it a fun experience for everyone.||”|
Next Volume Quote
|“||Next Volume! Lots of stuff will happen and Izuku will get swept up by the crowd! See you all same hero time, same hero manga!||”|
- This volume has the least number of chapters, at 7, although Chapter 1 is 52 pages long.
- This and Volume 2 are the only volumes where the next volume quote and the volume summary are not narrated by the character featured on the spine. In Volume 1, the character featured on the spine is Izuku, but All Might narrates the summaries, and in Volume 2, All Might is featured on the spine, but Izuku narrates the summaries.
- The next volume quote from the point of view of the character feature on the spine is removed from the official release by Viz Media. The volume summary is also replaced by a generic summary of the series.
|Volumes||Volume 1 • Volume 2 • Volume 3 • Volume 4 • Volume 5 • Volume 6 • Volume 7 • Volume 8 • Volume Origin • Volume 9 • Volume 10 • Volume 11 • Volume 12 • Volume 13 • Volume 14 • Volume 15 • Volume 16 • Volume 17 • Volume 18 • Volume 19 • Volume 20 • Volume 21 • Volume 22 • Volume 23|
|Vigilantes||Volume 1 • Volume 2 • Volume 3 • Volume 4 • Volume 5 • Volume 6|
|Volume Extras||Volume 1 Extras • Volume 2 Extras • Volume 3 Extras • Volume 4 Extras • Volume 5 Extras • Volume 6 Extras • Volume 7 Extras • Volume 8 Extras • Volume 9 Extras • Volume 10 Extras • Volume 11 Extras • Volume 12 Extras • Volume 13 Extras • Volume 14 Extras • Volume 15 Extras • Volume 16 Extras • Volume 17 Extras • Volume 18 Extras • Volume 19 Extras • Volume 20 Extras • Volume 21 Extras • Volume 22 Extras • Volume 23 Extras|
|Related Articles||Chapters and Volumes|