Voice allows Hizashi to increase the volume of his voice, giving him the ability to create loud, high-pitched sounds.
The sound that comes from Hizashi's mouth can reach extremely high levels, enough to incapacitate people by disrupting their eardrums (which may cause bleeding). The loud noise will also drown out other sound-based Quirks, giving him an advantage against those Quirk types in battle.
Because sound does not travel underground very well, it's ineffective against anything moving through it.
In the anime, the words shouted by Hizashi will travel alongside Voice's sound wave, which is depicted in a yellow color. In the manga, the speech bubbles that are used through Voice have double borders.
Hizashi wears a special Directional Speaker System support item around his neck area that allows him to direct his sound waves. This prevents his Quirk from affecting allies that are close to him.
- Loud Voice (ラウドヴォイス Raudovoisu?): Hizashi raises his voice to higher levels and releases a shockwave strong enough to shatter glass and blowback anything in his way.
- Hizashi Mic uses his Quirk for the first time in the U.S.J. Arc in the anime, while in the manga he uses it during the Final Exams Arc.
- Human voice - Wikipedia article about the specific sound source Hizashi's Quirk is based after.
- Loudness - Wikipedia article about the specific property of sound that Hizashi has actual control of.
- Sonic weapon - Wikipedia article about sound being used as weaponry.