Vigilante - My Hero Academia: Illegals (ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア
The manga is about a young man who uses his Quirk to help others. After he and a girl are harassed by a group of thugs and saved thanks to the vigilante Knuckleduster, Koichi is recruited to become a vigilante himself.
The manga has a slightly darker tone compared to the original manga. The manga was also designed as a prequel to the main series, with some of the events occurring within the vigilante's line of duties having ties to the main series.
Japanese Volume Covers
English Volume Covers
- Vigilantes are introduced.
- It is revealed that Stain briefly tarried as a vigilante named Stendhal before becoming the Hero Killer. It is also revealed how he lost his nose: cutting it off after Knuckleduster smashed it in.
- Some of the Pro Heroes and their activities before the events of the main series are featured.
- More details about the Hero System are introduced that later on become the root of the major problems within Hero Society in the main series.
- The Quirk-enhancing drug Trigger, which becomes a major part of the Internship Arc, is introduced.
- It is revealed that Aizawa didn't intend to become a teacher and that Midnight signed him up for the job.
The manga has had a positive reception, for being unique and telling its story from another angle within the My Hero Academia universe. At San Diego Comic Con 2017, Viz Media announced they would release the manga in English weekly until they catch up to the monthly release.