Uwabami is an attractive and curvaceous woman with long blonde hair that is styled in curly locks in the front with folded curls in the back that is pressed by a curved plate and golden eyes with vertically slit pupils. Her most distinguishing feature is the three snakes (a rattlesnake, a yellow King cobra snake and a Japanese rat snake) that are seen protruding from her hair.
In her hero costume, Uwabami wears a maroon dress with scale-like details (which, in the anime, is a simple maroon dress), matching shoes, and a choker, and golden snake-like bracelets on her wrists and ankles.
Uwabami possesses a celebrity-like attitude, but mostly remains a calm level headed hero. She appears to prioritize her modeling jobs over her hero work and only chose to mentor two U.A. students because they were cute enough to be in her commercial.
Uwabami first appears when Momo Yaoyorozu and Itsuka Kendo choose to intern at her agency. She informs them that heroes are able to have side jobs despite the controversies. She lets them know she's preparing a commercial, and Itsuka asks how this relates to her work. Uwabami says she offered the young girls internships because they are cute.
Momo and Itsuka spend the internship shadowing Uwabami as she attends photo shoots and interviews. Later on, they all appear in a demo commercial together for "UNERI Hairspray". Uwabami says the commercial will air in a month, takes Itsuka and Momo patrolling afterward. While out on patrol, Uwabami runs into a mob of her fans. She tells the girls that if they keep working hard, they can earn a fanbase too.
Following the fight between All Might and All For One, Uwabami helps conduct rescue operations alongside the police. She uses her Quirk to help locate victims trapped underneath the debris of destroyed buildings.
Charisma: Uwabami is a celebrity hero and television personality who is considered quite beautiful and charming.
Serpentress (蛇髪 Jahatsu?): The tips of her hair are snakes that can be used through the senses. The senses allow her to locate enemies and quickly capture enemies hiding or running away. Although this Quirk lacks combative ability, she strongly contributes to arresting villains.
- Uwabami's design is based on the character of the same name from Horikoshi's previous work, Oumagadoki Zoo.
- Her name comes from "uwabami" (うわばみ, 蟒蛇?), which means "giant snake".
- Uwabami seems to be inspired by Medusa – a beautiful woman in Greek mythology, who turned into a monster with living snakes in place of her hair.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 48 (p. 4) and Episode 27.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Anime: Episode 28.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 57 and Episode 31.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Anime: Episode 32.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Anime: Episode 49.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Vol. 6, Omake