Tsutsutaka is a tall young man with a large chin and dark hair in the shape of a pompadour, similar to the shape of his chin.
During school hours, Tsutsutaka wears the standard uniform of U.A.
Not much is currently known about Tsutsutaka's personality.
Tsutsutaka was having a talk with Chikuchi Togeike, one of his fellow General Department students, where they criticized Class 1-A and their decision to hold a live show to lift the rest of the school's spirits. Katsuki Bakugo overheard this exchange and the students shot him dirty looks, enraging him. This played a part in Katsuki wanting to make 1-A's performance a resounding success so as to silence their critics. On the day of the Festival, Tsutsutaka remains openly skeptical of Class 1-A. His attitude changes completely, however, when he sees their performance and is blown away. After the Festival is over, he and Chikuchi come up to Class 1-A and apologize, leaving most of them bewildered but Katsuki in glee.
- Tsutsutaka's name is comprised of the kanji for "chin, jaw" (顎?), "ancient Japan" (大和?), "tube, cylinder" (筒?), and "prosperous, thriving or brawny" (隆?).
- Yamato also bears the same name as an Imperial Japanese battleship that was sunk during the Battle of Bounomisaki in Pacific War.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Vol. 19, Omake
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 171.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 181.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 183.