Togaru is a tall, slender young man with pale yellow-green skin and a bright, fluffy green mohawk. His dark green eyes are pointed downwards to the center of his face, and two hooked blades jut out from either of his cheeks. He has no visible nose, and the shape of his head resembles that of an insect with mandibles.
His hero costume consists of a large, dark cloak and plain black trousers and boots. He has a mask around his eyes and a zig-zag pattern on his shirt.
Togaru is a hot-blooded person who appears rather aggressive in terms of behavior, akin to Katsuki Bakugo's behavior. He also seems to have a passion for fighting against his enemies, demonstrated by his desire to battle Class 1-A in the Joint Training Arc.
Togaru placed 35th in the Obstacle Course and teamed up with Pony Tsunotori for the Cavalry Battle. He then attempted to go after Team Monoma along with Team Kodai after the former managed to trap Team Bakugo with Bondo's Quirk. Togaru and Pony end up getting knocked out of the match by Kosei's Solid Air Quirk.
- Togaru's name contains the kanji for "scythe/sickle" (鎌?), "cut" (切?), and "apex" (尖?).
- Kamakiri means "praying mantis", although "鎌切" is an uncommon way of writing it.
- In Volume 22, Kohei Horikoshi mentions that Togaru's design was influenced by Jean-Henri Fabre's Souvenirs entomologiques and collected insects.
- Togaru likes collecting insects.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 My Hero Academia Official Character Book Ultra Archive.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 My Hero Academia Manga: Vol. 22.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 207 (p. 11).