Togaru is a tall, slender young man with pale yellow-green skin and a bright, fluffy green mohawk. His dark green eyes are pointed downwards to the center of his face, and two hooked blades jut out from either of his cheeks. He has no visible nose, and the shape of his head resembles that of an insect with mandibles.
His hero costume consists of a large, dark cloak and plain black trousers and boots. He has a mask around his eyes and a zig-zag pattern on his shirt.
Togaru is a hot-blooded person who appears rather aggressive in terms of behavior, akin to Katsuki Bakugo. He also seems to have a passion for fighting against his enemies, demonstrated by his desire to battle Class 1-A in the Joint Training Arc.
Togaru placed 35th in the Obstacle Course and teamed up with Pony Tsunotori for the Cavalry Battle. He then attempted to go after Team Monoma along with Team Kodai after the former managed to trap Team Bakugo with Kojiro's Quirk. Togaru and Pony end up getting knocked out of the match by Kosei's Solid Air Quirk.
Like the rest of his classmates in Class 1-B, he travels to the training camp. On the second day, he listens along with the rest of his class as their homeroom teacher Vlad King, who explains them that they will be training their Quirks to improve them.
Later that night, Class 1-B acts as the scaring group during the test of courage. However, with the ambush of the Vanguard Action Squad of the League of Villains the fun is interrupted. Togaru was among the 15 students that were in critical condition thanks to Mustard's Poison Gas.
Togaru is briefly seen helping his classmates to prepare their theatrical performance "Romeo, Juliet and the Prisoner of Azkaban: The Return of the Kings!" for the Cultural Festival. However, it seems that he does not participate in the actual play.
Togaru and the rest of Class 1-B arrive at the Joint Training Battle with Neito Monoma loudly claiming that the momentum is now moving to their side. Upon selecting teams, Togaru is paired up with Setsuna Tokage, Kojiro Bondo, and Yosetsu Awase against Katsuki Bakugo, Kyoka Jiro, Rikido Sato, and Hanta Sero for the fourth match.
During the match, Togaru follows the strategy of Setsuna to attack Katsuki's teammates, avoiding, as far as possible, the direct confrontation against him. Setsuna tells him to take care of Kyoka first since she is the most troublesome. Just as Togaru is about to land a fatal blow, Katsuki appears and intercepts him and blasting him with an Explosion at point-blank range.
A bewildered Togaru struggles to withstand Katsuki's Quirk as Setsuna Tokage watches her plan backfiring from above the battlefield. Togaru decide to retreat for the time being as he realize how dangerous Katsuki is in combat. But one by one, all team members from Class 1-B are being defeated by Class 1-A's flawless teamwork. Katsuki manages to defeat Togaru with a fiery Super Move.
The fourth Round of the Joint Training Battle ends with Class 1-A scoring a perfect victory with 4-0. Like his teammates, Togaru laments the humiliating defeat suffered, assuring that he will record it in his heart.
Battles & Events
- Togaru's name contains the kanji for "scythe/sickle" (鎌?), "cut" (切?), and "apex" (尖?).
- Kamakiri means "praying mantis", although "鎌切" is an uncommon way of writing it.
- In Volume 22, Horikoshi mentions that Togaru's design was influenced by Jean-Henri Fabre's Souvenirs entomologiques and collected insects.
- Togaru likes collecting insects.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 My Hero Academia Official Character Book Ultra Archive.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Vol. 22.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Anime: Episode 41.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 83.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 175.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 194.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 207.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 208.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 209.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 207 (p. 11).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Vol. 22.