Tail grants Mashirao a prehensile appendage that extends from his lower posterior.
Mashirao's tail is very bulky, being longer and wider than any of his regular human limbs. Its tip contains a tuft of blonde hair, reflecting Mashirao's normal hair color.
Tail effectively functions as a third arm. It's strong enough to break objects made of metal, capture enemies and support Mashirao's own weight. However, just like any other part of Mashirao's body, it's susceptible to damage.
Tail, being a permanent mutation, makes it difficult for Mashirao to lay down or sit. He requires tailor-made clothing in order to accommodate his particular anatomy as well.
Mashirao combines Tail with his knowledge of martial arts to engage enemies in close-range combat, performing fast and acrobatic moves. His tail is used both for direct attacks or to assist his movements in battle. Ectoplasm once noted that Mashirao fights predictably, as tailed humans like him tend to move in a pattern.
Tail is a vital part of Mashirao's speed and mobility, as he can boost himself up by slapping his tail on the ground with force, giving him a method to bypass obstacles on the floor. Mashirao is also able to stay suspended from thin structures like pipes and poles by wrapping his tail around them.
- Tornado Tail Dance (
尾 空 旋 舞Bikū Senbu?): Mashirao spins in mid-air, hitting anything around him with his tail. First used against Pony Tsunotori to destroy her remote-controlled horns during the Joint Training Battle.
- Fist of the Tail: Swamp Smack Spin (尾拳・沼田打旋風 Biken Nutauchi Senpū?): A defensive technique where Mashirao spins horizontally with his tail stretched out, generating enough force to repel anything close to him. First used against Juzo Honenuki in order to escape his Softening Quirk.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 32.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 205.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 206.
- Prehensile tail - Wikipedia article about the concept behind Mashirao's Quirk.