Katsuki creates a sphere of light between his hands that explodes into a large scale flash. Similarly to the effect of an actual stun grenade, the flash of light blinds anyone close by.
It is especially effective against Quirks that are weak against light, such as Fumikage Tokoyami's Dark Shadow. Katsuki first uses this move to overpower Fumikage during the U.A. Sports Festival. He also used it during the First Term Final Exam against All Might , and then again during his fight with Izuku .
- Zero Distance Stun Grenade (ゼロ
距 離 閃光弾Zero Kyori Sutan Gurenēdo?): A variation where Katsuki fires off his Stun Grenade at point blank range of the opponent to immediately stun and immobilizes them with little lasting damage. This variation was first used against Setsuna in the fourth round of the Joint Training Battle.
- The animation for using Stun Grenade bares a striking resemblance to the Final Flash attack from the Dragon Ball series.
- Stun grenade - Wikipedia article about the weapon that inspired this Super Move.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 42 and Episode 24.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 62 and Episode 37.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 119 and Episode 61.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 208.