I live every day of my life like there's no tomorrow so that when my number's up, I can check out with no regrets! No way this horde of zombies is gonna end Mirko the Hero.Rumi Usagiyama in "Mirko, the No. 5 Hero"
Rumi has an athletic build with muscular arms and legs. She has dark skin, red eyes which are tilted slightly inwards, long eyelashes, and straight white hair reaching down past her waist. On her head, she has a pair of long white rabbit ears pointing upwards with a slight crook. Along with these, she also has a round white tail which gives her overall design a definite resemblance to an albino rabbit.
Her hero costume consists of a sleeveless white leotard with dark purple trim around her shoulders and waist, a wide, yellow crescent moon design over her chest, and two thick metal plates on her midriff. She wears purple thigh-high boots to compliment her leotard, with more plating around the heel and toe areas, making her feet look like those of a rabbit. She also has a pair of thick white gloves on her hands with long cuffs, sporting small triangular protrusions around their edges.
Rumi is tough and speaks her mind even if it causes confrontation and she respects those who do the same. Rumi seems to believe that heroes who join teams are cowards, as they could just be relying on their teammates’ strength rather than their own.
Rumi embraces life-threatening situations with a bright grin and is constantly searching for the next big adrenaline kick, showing joy in the face of danger. She does not back down, even when she is overpowered by stronger enemies, claiming to only getting warmed up. Rumi also appears to take every day of her life with no regrets, admitting she'd risk her life for the greater good.
Rumi is capable of enduring extreme pain without losing focus. She faces her own wounds reluctantly. She is pragmatic and quick thinking, as she binds off her bloodstream with her own thick hair, to keep fighting without her arm.
Overall Abilities: As the No. 5 Pro Hero, Rumi is more powerful than most other Pro Heroes. Her hearing capability is outstanding, as she was even able to locate her target though minimalistic noise. She was also shown to be capable of multitasking, as she simultaneously attacks, dodges, and concludes information about the enemies.
- Enhanced Strength: Rumi has proved to possess incredible physical strength, being able to easily defeat several Nomus and to break down the huge metal gate that kept Kyudai Garaki's secret laboratory. Remarkably, she was able to momentarily incapacitate some of the High-End Nomu and sever one of their heads. However, after they started to stabilize, she was quickly overwhelmed by them to the point that she was prepared to die and decided to finish off Doctor Garaki to take him with her.
- Enhanced Speed: In conjunction with her level of physical strength, Rumi possesses an equally impressive speed. Her speed allowed her to reach Kyudai's laboratory in just a few minutes, being barely slowed by the Nomus that tried to stop her. She was also fast enough to keep up with the High-End Nomu, but once they began to stabilize, Rumi was unable to land any more blows on the High-Ends.
- Enhanced Dexterity: Rumi has shown to possess incredible control over her limbs and body, as seen when she fights multiple High-Ends.
- Enhanced Agility: Rumi has shown to have incredible agility.
Rabbit (兎 Usagi?): Rumi's Quirk gives her the attributes and abilities of a rabbit. This grants her incredible leg strength, allowing her to jump and kick with extreme force; she can even destroy large chunks of the ground by thumping her foot. She also has excellent hearing thanks to her rabbit-like ears, and possess animal instincts that alert her to nearby danger.
- Luna Ring (
踵月輪Runa Ringu?): Rumi uses her incredible leg strength to kick multiple targets simultaneously as she performs a cartwheel in the air with her legs extended.
- Luna Fall (
月墜蹴Runa Fōru?): Rumi swings her foot downwards while she is above her opponent, driving her target straight into the ground beneath her feet with a mighty kick.
- Luna Tijeras (
月頭鋏Runa Tihera?): Rumi mounts onto her opponent's head and grips them tightly with her legs before twisting her body, pulling with all of her superhuman leg strength to rip her opponent's head cleanly off and then smashing it into the ground.
- Luna Arc (踵
半 月輪 Kakato Runaāku wa?): Rumi raises her leg and delivers a powerful front-facing axe kick on to her opponent.
|Bounce Power||5/6 A|
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
|Battles & Events|
|184. Japanese Hero Billboard Chart||Debut|
|185. Wing Hero: Hawks||Appears|
|186. Endeavor and Hawks||Absent|
|187. Flaming Roar! vs. Nomu: High-End||Absent|
|188. Your Father, the Number One Hero||Absent|
|189. Why He Gets Back Up||Absent|
|190. His Start||Absent|
|191. Dabi, Hawks, Endeavor||Appears|
|192. The Todoroki Family||Flashback|
|218. The Meta Liberation Army||Absent|
|219. Go! Slidin' Go!||Absent|
|220. My Villain Academia||Absent|
|221. Memento from All For One||Absent|
|222. Tomura Shigaraki: Distortion||Absent|
|224. Revival Party||Absent|
|225. Interview with a Vampire||Absent|
|226. Bloody Love||Absent|
|228. Wounded Soul||Absent|
|229. All It Takes Is One Bad Day||Absent|
|230. Sad Man's Parade||Absent|
|232. Meta Abilities and Quirks||Absent|
|233. Bright Future||Absent|
|234. Sense Destruction||Absent|
|235. Tenko Shimura: Origin||Absent|
|236. Tenko Shimura: Origin, Part 2||Absent|
|237. Tomura Shigaraki: Origin||Absent|
|254. You Could Be More of a Hero than Anyone||Absent|
|255. Hero Hopeful||Absent|
|256. The High, Deep Blue Sky||Absent|
|257. Pass It Forward, to Whomever||Absent|
|259. A Quiet Beginning||Appears|
|260. Life's Work||Appears|
|262. Mirko, the No. 5 Hero||Appears|
|263. I Wanna Be With You Guys!!||Absent|
|264. One's Justice||Absent|
|265. Villains and Heroes||Absent|
|266. Happy Life||Absent|
|269. The Three of Us||Appears|
|271. Dark Cloud||Absent|
|272. Good Morning!||Appears|
|273. The Thrill of Destruction||Absent|
|275. Encounter, Part 2||Absent|
|276. You Cheated...!||Absent|
- Rumi's surname literally means "rabbit mountain" (兎山 usagiyama?).
- It could possibly be a reference to the market where Tamako Market is set, as it shares its uncommon name.
- The moon on her chest and her rabbit-like design might be referencing the tales of the Moon rabbit.
- Rumi is currently the highest-ranking female Pro Hero in Japan.
- Rumi likes carrots, a stereotypical rabbit food.
- Rumi's hero name was inspired by former professional fighter Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipović.
- Rumi's rabbit-like motif and birthday being in March may be a reference to the March Hare from Alice in Wonderland.
- Rumi is the first Pro Hero confirmed to not work at an agency or be affiliated with some other institution.
- Rumi also shares her birthday with Tatsuyuki Tokoname.
- "To all plotters and schemers out there!! Hope you're ready for me to kick your butts."
- "Only weaklings join teams!"