Tenya activates Recipro Burst by forcing the torque and RPM of his engines into overdrive. This grants him explosive power and incredibly fast speed for ten seconds. After the time limit is reached, his engines will stall for a short period of time.
Using this technique, Tenya was able to propel Team Todoroki fast enough to steal Team Midoriya's headband in the blink of an eye. He also uses this move to enhance the striking power of his kicks, able to deliver multiple powerful blows in quick succession.
- Recipro Extend (レシプロエクステンド Reshipuro Ekusutendo?): The radiators installed in his hero costumes legs allow Tenya's engines to cool much faster than normal. Once they're ready to be used again, Tenya can use Recipro Extend to use gain another burst of incredible speed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 29 (p. 16-17) and Episode 18.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Vigilantes Manga: Chapter 18.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 41 (p. 14-15) and Episode 24.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Anime: Episode 30.