Nine was a man of reasonable height with fair skin and thin, rectangular gray eyes with white pupils. He also had white hair that reaches just past his shoulders, worn swept back away from his face. In the past, Nine wore black shoes, black pants, and a tattered white jacket.
His most defining feature was the large black mask that covers him from his chest to just above his nose, four extra pieces winding around the exposed skin of his face and around his head. Four darker plates cover each side of his neck, lined with dark purple, and he had what appears to be something similar to the flat muzzle of a gas mask over his mouth that’s decorated with seven gray studs, as well as a large purple and black cylinder protruding from each of his shoulder blades. Below this, he wore a full-body suit of a similar design, with plates of black covering his entire body, leaving only his fingers exposed, and, over this, a blazer and dress pants of a pale lilac color. He also wore black boots.
Nine possessed a very calm and apathetic demeanor, usually showing little to no emotion regardless of the situation. He also had a great deal of composure, as seen by his refusal to attack anyone unless provoked, as well as using his Quirks exclusively in a defensive manner. If pushed enough, however, he was prone to violent fits of rage. He would also completely abandon any restraint in those moments, demonstrated by him attempting to choke Mahoro to death in order to force Katsuma into getting his Quirk taken. Despite his overwhelming strength, Nine was very humble, and greatly valued those who demonstrated impressive strength by his standard, be it ally or enemy.
Nine believed that a truly superhuman society should be one where the supremacy of one's Quirk is the only way of measuring a person's worth and that both heroes and villains are irrelevant. With the ideal that raw power is the only thing that matters, Nine was prepared to undergo whatever experimentation was necessary to increase his own power.
Nine's philosophy and motivations are not just for his own sake, but also for his teammates Slice, Mummy, and Chimera. He sympathizes with their lives of oppression due to his own similar past and wants to enact their collective desire to build an ideal world for all four of them, as shown when he talks to Kyudai Garaki about his goal as he thinks of his friends while referring to "their" ideal world.
Overall Abilities: Due to having multiple Quirks, Nine was an extremely powerful villain, being able to contend with and overpower many of Class 1-A's top students. However, due to the toll of his Quirk, he was unable to fight prolonged battles. He was also able to overpower people like Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugo time and time again.
- Enhanced Durability: Possibly because of inheriting All for One, Nine possessed very impressive durability. He managed to survive a direct hit to the face from Izuku's smash with no visible damage and was able to continue fighting against Izuku and Katsuki despite the immense pain his body was under. Even after being hit point-blank by Katsuki's explosion enhanced by One for All, he managed to survive, although he was on the brink of death.
Weather Manipulation (
All For One (オール・フォー・ワン Ōru Fō Wan?): Nine's second Quirk allowed him to steal other peoples Quirks and use them as his own. He was able to steal as many as eight Quirks. Whether he could transfer any of these Quirks to someone else is unknown. Nine received this weaker version of All For One after he proved to be compatible with All For One's Quirk factor. However, receiving this Quirk appeared to have worsened the side-effects of his original Quirk and exhausted him much more quickly.
- Air Wall: Nine can use this Quirk to create a transparent barrier made of pressurized air to shield himself in a particular direction. This Quirk can also be used offensively, by releasing a powerful air burst that can push away people and attacks or used as a springboard which can physically push people away. This Quirk is both extremely durable and powerful, as it was able to withstand One For All: Full Cowl - 100%.
- Scanning: Nine can use this Quirk to measure the strength of anyone he looks at through an infrared-like measurement system which he uses to predict what someone's Quirk is. This is demonstrated when he measured the increasing physical strength of Izuku Midoriya to determine that he had a Quirk that granted him Super Strength.
- Bullet Laser: Nine uses this Quirk to fire purple-colored lasers from his fingertips at will. This Quirk has been shown to be able to easily pierce through human flesh, as well as many other solid surface. It has also been shown that it can explode on the impact of some surfaces.
- Hydra: Nine could summon a number of large blue dragon-shaped attacks out of his back that he can control at will. Nine typically uses this Quirk as a long-range weapon and uses it to suspend or restrain people. He typically summons two at a time.
- Cell Activation (
細 胞 活 性Saibō Kassei?): This Quirk allowed Nine to activate the cells in his own body or another person's body, boosting regeneration and repairing any damage. However, it only works on individuals of a certain blood type. Nine stole this Quirk from Katsuma Shimano's father, but it was in vain due to the villain's blood type being incompatible.
Life-Support Tubes: Nine had tubes on his back that released a drug-like substance that healed him slightly after overusing his abilities. It also boosted his offensive power dramatically and allowed him to function for an extended period of time.
|218. The Meta Liberation Army||Absent|
|219. Go! Slidin' Go!||Absent|
|220. My Villain Academia||Absent|
|221. Memento from All For One||Absent|
|222. Tomura Shigaraki: Distortion||Debut|
|224. Revival Party||Absent|
|225. Interview with a Vampire||Absent|
|226. Bloody Love||Absent|
|228. Wounded Soul||Absent|
|229. All It Takes Is One Bad Day||Absent|
|230. Sad Man's Parade||Absent|
|232. Meta Abilities and Quirks||Absent|
|233. Bright Future||Absent|
|234. Sense Destruction||Absent|
|235. Tenko Shimura: Origin||Absent|
|236. Tenko Shimura: Origin, Part 2||Absent|
|237. Tomura Shigaraki: Origin||Absent|
- It is currently unknown if he is nameless or has a full name.
- He's also one of the 2 characters with the third highest amount of confirmed Quirks in the series, with seven individual Quirks the other being Izuku Midoriya, only second to All For One himself, and third to Tomura Shigaraki, who had the latter's powers added onto his present Decay Quirk.
- Nine's original Quirk and design may be based off of and referencing the X-Men character Storm, from Marvel Comics.
- Nine shares multiple similarities with Geten:
- Both have long, light colored hair.
- Both believe those with the strongest Quirks must rule at the top of the hierarchy.
- Both have powerful Quirks that involve controlling water in some way. Nine can manipulate weather, including storm clouds, while Geten can manipulate ice.
- Both have a connection to the League of Villains. Nine was experimented on by Kyudai Garaki who is associated with the League, and Geten is a lieutenant of the Paranormal Liberation Front which is a union of the League and the Meta Liberation Army.
- Both are associated with the color violet.