Navel Laser gives Yuga the ability to fire sparkly laser beams from his navel.
Those beams can range from short to long-ranged, with strong enough recoil to propel the user through the air at a high speed. Yuga's beams are powerful enough to destroy metal, although they do not appear to be lethal.
Navel Laser is bright enough to illuminate dark areas, a valuable skill in rescuing missions, or work as a beacon, allowing allies and enemies alike to easily locate Yuga's current position from the beam of light. For scattered allies, this is extremely helpful for regrouping.
This Quirk can only be used for one second at a time, otherwise Navel Laser will cause continuous damage to Yuga's stomach, leaving him in bad shape and unable to act much.
Yuga likes to use his Quirk in a flamboyant manner, frequently posing while firing beams. He thinks of Navel Laser very highly, treating it as an artform.
Yuga often takes advantage of the beams' recoil to launch himself far away when he needs to cross over an obstacle. This helps with his mobility to an extent, but it's not a perfect solution due to the Quirk's own limitations preventing him from keeping it active for long periods of time.
Abnormally, because of a birth defect, Yuga's Navel Laser can involuntarily "leak out", meaning that he is dependent on his Sparkle Belt equipment for his Quirk to function properly. According to Yuga himself, he has been constantly wearing his Sparkle Belt since he was a child.
Yuga's Hero Costume is capable of channeling the energy created by his navel, letting Yuga fire beams from other connected openings granted by the costume itself.
Named Super Moves
- Art of Seduction (据え膳 Suezen?): Yuga's basic move. He places his hands behind his head and fires a continuous, straight beam from his navel. This move is first used to destroy a robot during U.A.'s Entrance Exam.
- Navel Laser Buffet (ネビルビュッフェレーザー Nebiru Byuffe Rēzā?): Yuga fires successive beams not only from his navel but also from his shoulders, which are equipped with beam openings just like his Sparkle Belt. As a result, this technique puts more strain on him than when he uses his Quirk normally.
- Like several other Quirks, Navel Laser has its own signature sound effect: "THOOM".
- The general concept behind Yuga's Navel Laser appears to be inspired by X-Men character Cyclops. Just like Yuga, Cyclops can fire powerful beams from an opening of his body (his eyes), however, he is unable to keep his ability under control without the aid of a special device, which he must wear at all times.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 3 and Episode 3.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 168.