This is the My Hero Academia Wiki's Spoiler Policy. It describes how we manage and deal with spoilers on the wiki.
What is a "Spoiler"
A spoiler is any piece of information that may potentially reveal plot elements that some people may wish to remain revealed so that they may enjoy the source material to its fullest extent, without having any previous knowledge of the outcome. For example, the death of a major character, new powers or an unexpected plot twist.
We will record all information regarding the series, My Hero Academia, including the progress of events and its results. Please only read if you do not mind the spoilers.
Be aware that by adding spoiler information that go against the policies stated below, you're under risk of having your edits or articles suffer a rollback.
Manga Spoilers and non-fanscanned content
- Until the chapter is released by a publicly accessible site, that chapter's information is considered to be a spoiler. Until the proper English scanlation or official Viz translation is released, it is simply forbidden to add any information from it (including the chapter's title), and the edits should be reverted on sight. The information, as insignificant it might seem, might ruin the fun of reading a just-released chapter for some.
- If you're in doubt, wait until you see the "Chapter XX has been scanlated" news to appear on the news corner before you add any information regarding that chapter.
- As soon as the english chapter is online, you are allowed to add information. An english chapter being online means that you can read it, with the images, not just a little script. After the release, you are free to add the sure information on the pages of the wiki; we consider that this is clear that the wiki gives information about the latest releases and that the person who will read that article knows that there will be content they might not know.
If a Chapter is Only Just Released
If you are adding information from a chapter that has only just been released in English (or if it is likely that other users are unaware of its release), use the edit summary box to state that the chapter/episode is indeed out and state the site where you read it. This will allow others to verify that the episode/chapter is out and that the information you are adding is correct. It will also reduce the likelihood of your edit being reverted and you getting into trouble with an Admin for violating this policy. It is also a good service to let the rest of the community know that it has been released.
New Fanscan Groups
From time to time, a new fanscan group -- or a single scanlator -- might arrive on the scene. In their early days, any such group is likely to be little known and may not be widely available. If they happen to be the first group to release a new chapter in English, it is very important that you state as much in the edit summary box, and/or let an Admin know to avoid any issues. It is especially important if they do not allow their material to be published on a widely known and accessible site. We can not be expected to find them if we are unaware of their existence.
- Posting false information or fake spoilers will be considered vandalism. Do not post fake character, Quirk, or Move Pages.
- Both images and text can be considered spoilers.
- The only exceptions to this policy are facts regarding the appearance of characters. For example, should a character that has already been introduced have their hair color revealed in a color spread on a new chapter, you may add it to their article.
|Policys and Rules||Manual of Style • Discord Policy • Image Policy • Spoiler Policy • Talk Page and Discussion Policies • Blocking Policy • Wiki Infoboxes • Requesting of User Rights|
|Departments||Design Department • Grammar Department • Image Department • Referencing Department • Stub Department|