Mirio Togata (
Mirio is a tall young man with a very muscular build who possesses a number of noticeable scars around his lower arms. Mirio's design is very unique due to his blue oval-shaped eyes, drawn in a simplistic style with no visible sclera, and nose which is prominently rounder than most others. He has blond hair, the top part of which is arranged in a cowlick, while the bottom section is worn swept backward.
In his school uniform, Mirio dresses like most of the male students, minus the blazer. He wears a belt with a large, rectangular golden buckle in the shape of a carnivorous mouth.
Before becoming a member of the Big 3, Mirio had long hair that he wore tied into a ponytail. It is assumed that he cut it so the support department could use it to manufacture him a hero costume that would work alongside his Quirk.
In his hero costume, Mirio wears a white skin-tight top with the number "1000000" (one million) stamped across his chest in a bold, yellow font. The trimming on the top and shoulder pads are made in a matching fashion. On his waist, two green lines act as a belt, along with some lines of similar appearance on his shoulders, which dip in places to form two V’s. Mirio also wears baggy dark blue pants and white knee-high boots. He wears a red cape as well as thick gloves of matching color. Mirio’s costume is then topped off with a white visor with yellow lenses.
Mirio normally comes across as an extremely goofy and very energetic individual with some peculiar habits. Going solely based on his personality, many tend to question how Mirio is one of U.A.'s top students. Mirio has a very optimistic attitude and can almost always be found smiling. His personality is what led Sir Nighteye to believe that he could be the one to replace All Might as the symbol of peace.
Mirio is known for his odd sense of humor. His jokes range from corny to puerile, occasionally making a fool of himself for the sake of others' enjoyment. One such instance was when he stuck his clothed butt through the bushes as a puppet of sorts when introducing Class 1-A to Eri.
Mirio does not allow his laid back nature to cloud his judgment or impede his dreams of becoming a hero. He has proven to be an extremely hard worker, turning a near-unmasterable ability into one of the world's most powerful Quirks. Mirio is constantly looking for ways to improve his skills and tries to work toward his goals by accumulating different experiences to learn from them.
When he was a small child, Mirio accidentally fell into a river but was saved by a Pro Hero. This event marked his decision to also become a hero to save others. Knowing he can't rescue everyone, Mirio chose the hero name "Lemillion" because he aspires to save at least one million people. Despite Mirio's uplifting personality, he can suffer from failure just like everyone else. He has an excellent understanding of hero protocols and can control his emotions proficiently in order to see the bigger picture.
Lemillion and Deku acted for the greater good when they chose to allow Eri to leave with Overhaul. However, their failure to rescue her tormented them once they found out the truth. This put a large damper on Mirio's normally cheerful personality and burdened him with immense guilt, which drove him to promise to never let Eri come to harm again, a promise he would keep no matter what. 
Mirio is also extremely brave and, in contrast to his laid back nature, he is experienced in dealing with dangerous people and is not scared easily. He was able to talk to Overhaul in his normal, cheerful manner despite knowing about his background as a dangerous Yakuza criminal. He also went ahead of the entire combined hero force during the Shie Hassaikai Raid and combated Overhaul, Chronostasis, Deidoro Sakaki, and Shin Nemoto all by himself.
Alongside his bravery, Mirio has shown to be confident in his abilities. He knew he could take on all of Class 1-A to teach them a lesson and was even bold enough to face four of the Shie Hassaikai members alone. Mirio clearly believes in his strength and always shouts "POWER!" after winning a fight.
Lemillion repeatedly displays the values of a true hero. He risked his life and even sacrificed his Quirk to protect Eri. Despite knowing how it would negatively affect his career, Mirio allowed his Quirk to be destroyed in order to inspire Eri and keep his promise to never let her know pain again. It was Mirio's bravery that allowed Eri to awaken and set the path for the heroes to defeat the Yakuza. Lemillion even continued fighting after losing his Quirk and protected Eri from Overhaul. His incredible tenacity caused Shin Nemoto to question whether he was even human.
Despite losing his Quirk and his mentor following the raid, Mirio remains steadfast in his hopes to become a hero. His cheerful personality has not faded and he is empowered by Sir Nighteye's final words to him. He even refused Izuku's offer to receive One For All and told Tamaki Amajiki he was in no rush to get his powers back, meaning that he is okay being Quirkless.
Overall Abilities: Mirio is considered one of U.A. High School's most powerful students alongside Nejire Hado and Tamaki Amajiki, who are all collectively known as The Big 3. Mirio, in particular, has earned enormous acclaim due to a combination of extraordinary technique, great fighting ability and a charismatic personality, to the point of being considered a contender for the No. 1 spot among Pro Heroes and, at one point, a potential successor for All Might as a wielder of One For All. His abilities garnered the attention of the former sidekick of All Might, Sir Nighteye, who personally trained Mirio to the elite status the young hero now possesses.
Mirio possesses inhuman strength and amazing deductive abilities. He was able to defeat 18 out of the 20 students of Class 1-A, including some of its elite students (excluding Shoto Todoroki, who felt unworthy of partaking in the match against Mirio due to not having his Provisional Hero License at the time, and Katsuki Bakugo, who was still under house arrest), who have all fought real villains, with a single punch to each student's gut in only mere seconds. Thanks to Sir Nighteye's training, Mirio possesses deductive skills that allow him to accurately predict his opponent's movements and fighting ability. His mastery over prediction combined with his physical abilities and incredible Quirk makes Mirio truly unrivalled in battle.
During the Shie Hassaikai Raid, Mirio proved his strength on the battlefield against the likes of Overhaul and his followers. Mirio endured the guerrilla warfare of Shin Nemoto, as well as the balance inhibition of Deidoro Sakaki, and was able to take them by surprise, defeating the duo with great speed. While recovering from the balance-hindering effects of Deidoro's Quirk, Mirio proceeded to overpower Hari Kurono and Overhaul in a two-on-one fight, all while protecting Eri. Overhaul, acknowledging Mirio's abilities surpassed his own, found himself outmatched to the point where he was forced to have one of the few valuable Quirk-Destroying Bullets used on Mirio, in an effort to level the playing field. Even then, Mirio was able to use the power of prediction and incredible brute strength to hold his own against the villain for 5 uninterrupted minutes while still protecting Eri, until Overhaul was successfully at immobilizing the de-powered hero, and the Nighteye Squad arrived to give assistance to Mirio. Several months later when the Paranormal Liberation War was underway, Mirio's Quirk was finally restored, enabling the power-restored hero to make his way to Jaku City and briskly repel 4 Near High-End Nomus that were approaching Best Jeanist.
- Superior Technique: Mirio's greatest strength is incredible mastery over his near-uncontrollable Quirk, to the point he is often considered invincible. Mirio is capable of showcasing meticulous precision on when and where in his body Permeation should be active while performing swift moves. For those reasons, guarding oneself against his attacks in combat is borderline impossible. Thanks to rigorous training, Mirio was able to master instant transportation through the repelling property of his Quirk, being able to adjust the direction and positioning of his falling body in order to control the trajectory of his ejection, as well as using prediction based on experience in order to resurface himself next to targets, allowing him to strike them from any angle. For an outside observer, Mirio gives the illusion that he is somehow teleporting because of his apparent disappearance and reappearance at various spots, which happens almost immediately.
- Enhanced Strength: Mirio possess a great deal of physical strength, so much so that it appears supernatural. A single punch to the stomach was enough to incapacitate the members of Class 1-A. Mirio's blows were also great enough to penetrate the hardened body of Eijiro Kirishima, as well as break Overhaul's arm. While strong combatants such as Izuku Midoriya and Sir Nighteye had a hard time injuring Overhaul, Mirio had the yakuza leader completely outmatched in terms of brute strength.
- Enhanced Speed: Mirio possesses an incredible amount of speed. He was able to take out more than half of Class 1-A in about 6 seconds. This is mostly due to the warping ability of his Quirk, but Mirio showed great footspeed when he caught up to Overhaul and Chronostasis in only a few minutes after entering their hideout.
- Enhanced Durability: Even without his Quirk's intangibility, Mirio has great resilience. He was able to punch through Eijiro's hardened body without injuring his hand. Mirio was even able to survive Overhaul's spike attacks with only a few moderate injuries.
Keen Intellect: In spite of his charismatic and outgoing personality, Mirio is a very astute individual. When he faced off against Class 1-A he decided to first defeat the long-distance fighters, knowing that they would be the most troublesome, before proceeding to subdue the remaining students who excel in close-quarters combat. As he and Izuku were on patrol and encountered Overhaul, Mirio successfully avoided suspicion while maintaining his friendly demeanor. He masked Izuku's face so the yakuza leader wouldn't recognize it later on, and mislead Overhaul into beieving the pair were just interning students, rather than reveal their connection to the Nighteye agency, as per Overhaul's inquiry about the Hero agency to which the students belonged. During his brief confrontation with Shin Nemoto, Mirio deduced that the con artist wasn't the type of individual who would be on the front lines of battle, to which Shin admitted. Afterwards, whilst facing Overhaul and Hari, Mirio identified the latter from his actions, and knew that it was a hazard to be on the receiving end of the hooded yakuza's Chronostasis Quirk. Mirio even cleverly used his cape to first obscure Hari's line of fire, and then removed the garment to make it appear that he was still hiding behind it, only to effectively blindside Hari into a false sense of security.
Indomitable Will: A prominent aspect of Mirio's character is his unwavering will, brave heart, and heroic spirit that makes him a true hero. Having dealt with many dangerous individuals in the past, Mirio has made himself impervious to fear and intimidation, allowing him to overcome overwhelming threats and situations with sheer tenacity. After defeating Shin and Deidoro, Mirio stated he continues to fight on because Eri is a kind-hearted girl who would rather endure constant pain than see others hurt, inspiring Mirio to push himself even further to save her. After securing Eri, and sacrificing his Quirk to save her, Mirio made an undying promise to protect the young girl so that she won't be sad anymore. With that promise and determination alone, Mirio's spirit remained steadfast; being a true hero that never faltered, despite his Quirkless state and nigh-crippling injuries, Mirio's resolve allowed him to continue fighting against Overhaul with willpower alone. Mirio's die-hard heroism heavily influenced Eri, inspiring her to help others, most prominently, when she aided Izuku in defeating Overhaul.
Initially, he struggled with his Quirk, but after training with Sir Nighteye, he managed to perfect it.
Mirio lost his Quirk after his fight against Overhaul, during which he was struck by a bullet containing the Quirk-Destroying Drug, taking the bullet in Eri's place. However, according to Shota Aizawa, once Eri gets a better handle on her Rewind Quirk, Mirio's own Quirk can be restored. As of the Paranormal Liberation War Arc, Mirio has regained his Quirk and can once again use his previous abilities.
- Blinder Touch Eyeball Crush (ブラインドタッチ 目潰し Buraindo Tatchi - Metsubushi?): A feint, Mirio pretends to poke an opponent in the eye while his arm is intangible, distracting them long enough to deliver an actual blow to their stomach.
- Phantom Menace (ファントム・メナス Fantomu Menasu?): A near instantaneous combo; Mirio takes full advantage of his Quirks side effect of repelling him outward upon returning to a solid state while phasing through something. He first phases into a nearby surface, then repels out and phases into another nearby surface; he does this consecutively, launching himself at high speeds in and out of his surroundings with all of his brute strength, striking all targets precisely with pin-point accuracy and calculation from all directions.
|Clothes Coordination||1/6 E|
Lemilliosuit: Mirio's Quirk normally forces him to phase out of his clothes, leaving him nude. His Hero Costume is lined with special fibers produced from his hairs. This allows Mirio's costume to phase with him whenever he activates his Quirk. Its design is based on a hero who saved and inspired Mirio when he was young.
- Lemilliomet: A visor that is meant to protect Lemillion's face, but it cannot phase with him and is bound to slip off.
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
- According to Mirio's Volume 14 profile:
- His favorite food is ramen.
- His favorite thing is comedy.
- Horikoshi considers Mirio an easy character to draw thanks to his simple facial features.
- Mirio's rankings in the Popularity Polls are as following:
- Ranked 41st in the 3rd Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 26th in the 4th Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 25th in the 5th Popularity Poll.
- According to Mirio, he chose the hero name "Lemillion" because he wants to help at least a million people.
- Also, according to him, his hero name also sounds like the name of the Japanese rock band Remioromen.
- Mirio's name contains the kanji for "through" (通 tō?) and "form" (形 gata?), while his given name comes from "million" (ミリオン mirion?).
- Mirio shares his birthday with Izuku Midoriya.
- Mirio English voice actress for when he was a child, Megan Shipman, also voices La Brava.
- (To Class 1-A) "I turned my work-study experience into power that's allowing me to reach for the stars! Which is why, even if you're scared, I wholeheartedly recommend it to you, first-years!!"
- (To Kai Chisaki) "None of what I've done was a waste! I'm still Lemillion!!"
- (To Izuku Midoriya) "I lost my Quirk... and my master passed away. I'm in no state of mind to be smiling. But that's exactly why... cuz Nighteye, he... I know he was stern with you. But he smiled a lot when the two of us got to talking. I can't be all weepy. Not when I'm s'posed to be a "fine hero" someday. And if I get gloomy, well, that'll hurt Eri too."
- ""A hero's cape...! Is for bundling up a young girl who's in terrible pain!"'
|U.A. High School|
|Class 1-A Students||Denki Kaminari • Eijiro Kirishima • Fumikage Tokoyami • Hanta Sero • Izuku Midoriya • Katsuki Bakugo • Koji Koda • Kyoka Jiro • Mashirao Ojiro • Mezo Shoji • Mina Ashido • Minoru Mineta • Momo Yaoyorozu • Ochaco Uraraka • Rikido Sato • Shoto Todoroki • Tenya Ida • Toru Hagakure • Tsuyu Asui • Yuga Aoyama|
|Class 1-B Students||Hiryu Rin • Ibara Shiozaki • Itsuka Kendo • Juzo Honenuki • Jurota Shishida • Kinoko Komori • Kojiro Bondo • Kosei Tsuburaba • Manga Fukidashi • Neito Monoma • Nirengeki Shoda • Pony Tsunotori • Reiko Yanagi • Sen Kaibara • Setsuna Tokage • Shihai Kuroiro • Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu • Togaru Kamakiri • Yosetsu Awase • Yui Kodai|
|Department of Support||Mei Hatsume • Bibimi Kenranzaki|
|General Department||Hitoshi Shinso • Chikuchi Togeike • Tsutsutaka Agoyamato|
|Second Year Students||Mawata Fuwa|
|Third Year Students||Mirio Togata • Nejire Hado • Tamaki Amajiki • Bibimi Kenranzaki • Yuyu Haya|
|Staff||All Might • Cementoss • Ectoplasm • Eraser Head • Hound Dog • Lunch Rush • Midnight • Nezu • Power Loader • Present Mic • Recovery Girl • Snipe • Thirteen • Vlad King • Gran Torino (Retired)|
|Former Students||All Might • Endeavor • Best Jeanist • Midnight • Eraser Head • Loud Cloud • Present Mic • Mister Blaster|
|Locations||Class 1-A • Class 1-B • Conference Room • Ground Beta • Ground Gamma • Ground Omega • Gym Gamma • Heights Alliance • Lunch Rush Cafeteria • P.E. Grounds • Recovery Girl's Nurse's Office • Sports Festival Stadium • Teachers Lounge • U.A.'s Development Studio • Unforeseen Simulation Joint|