He can control the size of the ice wall to some degree. When he used this technique against Katsuki Bakugo, Shoto created a much more controlled version compared to when he attacked Hanta Sero with it.
The major drawback of this move is that it drops Shoto's body temperature to his limit immediately after it's released. After training with the Wild, Wild Pussycats, Shoto can now use this technique without significantly decreasing his body temperature.
- This technique was originally called Giant Ice Wall (大氷壁 Daihyōheki?) by Momo Yaoyorozu during her and Shoto's battle with Shota Aizawa. She calls it Shoto's signature move from the U.A. Sports Festival. However, when asked about the name of his move during Hero Interview Training, Shoto refers to this move as "Heaven-Piercing Ice Wall".
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 34 and Episode 20.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 64 and Episode 35.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 43 and Episode 25.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 81 and Episode 44.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 241.