Funimation Productions, LLC (commonly referred as Funimation) is a North American anime company founded in 1994 by the Japanese-American entrepreneur Gen Fukunaga. It is the largest distributor of anime in North America, and has the international license for the My Hero Academia anime.
Simulcast and Streaming Services
In March 2016, Funimation Entertainment announced they had licensed the series for streaming services, home and broadcast release, as well as obtaining the merchandise rights.
Simulcast by Funimation
Funimation releases their dubbed version of the anime's episode during the same time frame as the Japanese episodes are released. Currently, the streaming service is available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Ireland.
Funimation produced the official English dub for all four seasons of the series so far, as well as both movies.
Season 1 premiered on May 04, 2016, making the English dub's debut five episodes behind the most recent episode that aired in Japan.
For Season 2, the dubbed episodes were released on the same day as the Japanese episodes until the release of Episode 27, with the original advertisement saying this would only apply to the first six episodes of the season. After that point, the dubbed release was behind the Japanese release by two weeks.
In a similar manner to Season 2, Season 3's dubbed episodes were released on the same day as the Japanese episodes until the release of Episode 49, with the original advertisement of the season stating only the first six episodes would receive this treatment. After that point, the dubbed release behind the most recent Japenese airing by two weeks. Episode 39's English dub premiere was skipped over due to a delay in receiving dubbing materials from Japan, making Episode 40 the start of the season's simuldub. Episode 39's English dub later premiered on April 28, along with Episode 42.
In Season 4, the dubbed episodes followed a same-day release schedule up until the release of Episode 73, followed by another week's delay after Episode 77 due to Funimation not receiving dubbing materials from Japan on time. Episode 84's premiere, as well as production for the rest of the season, was postponed due to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic. Episode 84's English dub premiered on April 12, followed by Episode 85 on April 26, Episode 86 on May 10, and Episodes 87 and 88 on June 14.
- ↑ https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/07/22/hero-academia-season-2-simuldub-schedule-update/
- ↑ https://www.funimation.com/blog/2018/03/05/my-hero-academia-season-3-simuldub-date/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1209190711372984320?s=20
- ↑ https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1222553764567158784?s=20
- ↑ https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020/03/18/simuldub-delays-anime-winter-spring-2020-funimation-simulcasts-on-track/
- ↑ https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020/04/25/dub-from-home-the-latest-news-on-simuldubs-my-hero-academia-black-clover/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=org-social&utm_campaign=dub-from-home&utm_content=updates-blog&utm_term=
|Streaming Companies||Crunchyroll • Funimation • Hulu|
|Developers||Bandai Namco • Dimps • Byking|