This Quirk grants Taishiro's body fat the ability to adhere to any objects that enter in contact with it, causing them to sink into his body afterward.
This fat provides a high degree of protection, making Taishiro very resistant to blades and bullets. Those who attempt to physically strike him may end up getting stuck to his body, allowing Taishiro the opportunity to restrain them.
Fat Absorption also lets Taishiro absorb the force behind enemies' attacks and then release it back in a singular counterattacking punch; however, utilizing this technique requires him to burn down his fat as he stockpiles said force, weakening his defense in the process and leaving him practically powerless if the counterattack doesn't bring down the target.
As a prerequisite for this Quirk to work, Taishiro requires to gain extra mass by conventional means, or eating, in other words. This Quirk has no effect on an user with a slim build.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 134 (p. 8).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 132 (p. 12).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 143 (p. 10-11).
- Fat - Wikipedia article about the nutrient that composes Fat Gum's Quirk.
- Adsorption - Wikipedia article about the process Fat Gum's Quirk revolves around.