This Quirk grants Taishiro's body fat the ability to adhere to any objects that enter in contact with it, causing them to sink into his body afterward.
This fat provides a high degree of protection, making Taishiro very resistant to blades and bullets. Those who attempt to physically strike him may end up getting stuck to his body, allowing Taishiro the opportunity to restrain them.
Fat Absorption also lets Taishiro absorb the energy from enemies' attacks and then release it back in a singular counterattacking punch; however, utilizing this technique requires him to burn down his fat as he stockpiles impact energy, which weakens his defense.
As a prerequisite for this Quirk to work, Taishiro requires to gain extra mass by conventional means, or eating, in other words.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 134 (p. 8).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 132 (p. 12).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 143 (p. 10-11).
- Fat - Wikipedia article about the nutrient that composes Fat Gum's Quirk.
- Adsorption - Wikipedia article about the process Fat Gum's Quirk revolves around.