This Quirk grants Fat Gum's body fat the ability to adhere to any objects that enter in contact with it, causing them to sink into his body afterward. It also provides a high degree of protection, making him very resistant to blades and bullets. With Fat Absorption, Fat Gum is an expert in capturing villains.
This Quirk also allows him to absorb the energy from enemies' attacks and then release it in a singular attack; however, containing the energy requires him to burn his fat, which weakens his defense.
As a prerequisite for this Quirk to work, Taishiro requires to gain extra mass by conventional means, or eating, in other words.
Named Super Moves
- Spear: After absorbing several blows, Fat Gum can turn all of the absorbed force into a "spear", allowing him to deal back all of the impacts he took as a single hit. Doing so burns his defense-fat and takes a massive amount of energy, turning him into a more slender version of himself.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 134 (p. 8).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 132 (p. 12).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 143 (p. 10-11).
- Fat - Wikipedia article about the nutrient that composes Fat Gum's Quirk.
- Adsorption - Wikipedia article about the process Fat Gum's Quirk revolves around.