Eri is a small girl with bluish, off-white hair, messy and unkempt, which is parted in the middle of her forehead, almost reaching down to her waist. She has very wide, innocent-looking eyes, which are bright red in color. Poking out from the right side of her forehead is a small, brown horn, which grows larger when her Quirk is activated.
In her first appearance, she's wearing a plain, short-sleeved dress, which is a dirty, pale tan color. Bandages are wrapped around both her arms and legs, stopping at her wrists and ankles, underneath which she is shown to have numerous scars.
After she's taken in by U.A., Eri's outfit is changed to a white dress shirt with a frilled collar and a plain red pinafore with two large, golden buttons on either side of her chest. Under this, she wears gray tights and a large set of tan boots, and a small dark red messenger bag with the strap sitting over her right shoulder, and a little floral pattern decorating one of its sides. Her hair also looks to be better cared for, appearing straighter and neater than it was during her time with the Shie Hassaikai.
Because her mother disowned her after she accidentally made her father disappear with her Quirk and the experiments she was subjected to by Kai Chisaki, Eri became a fearful and secluded girl, without anyone showing affection to her in her life. Apparently, Izuku Midoriya's touch was the first time she ever felt kindness, which overwhelmed her. When murderous intents are directed at her, she does not scream, nor cry and simply remains silent, because she knows she has no choice but to accept whatever is to happen to her.
Eri is, however, willing to let herself go with Kai in order to protect those that help her. She feels guilt over other people being hurt in order to rescue her.
Unfortunately, after her rescue, Eri still psychologically suffered from Kai's influence, as she was unable to smile and had no experience of being happy. However, this changed, thanks to the events of the U.A. School Festival, and Eri finally smiled for the first time.
The source of her Quirk's power is located in the horn on her head, and the size of the horn dictates the strength of her power. It is also an accumulation-type Quirk, which means the power it emits has to build up over a period of time before becoming usable.
As a result of her Quirk mutating her body, Eri's blood is able to attack an individual's Quirk and stop its activation by reversing the target's evolution before the point of the Quirk Phenomenon.
It was suggested by Shota Aizawa that her Quirk can even rewind the bodies of those who have lost their Quirks and restore them. However, Shota said that the Quirk only works on people, not on things, which means that it's not something that can be easily trained. This also means Eri cannot use her Quirk on time as it is not a living thing.
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
- Eri's name is composed of two characters: "break" (壊 e?) and "reason, logic" (理 ri?).
- Putting the two characters together can translate as "destruction", noting how her Quirk was used to make Quirk-Destroying Drugs and how it can potentially destroy living things by rewinding them out of existence. Her name also alludes to how her Quirk "breaks logic" by its very nature, being referred to as a mutation since it does not resemble any Quirk from either side of her family and very few people understand how it works.
- Eri's favorite fruit is apples.
- Eri's Quirk Rewind bears similarities to Orihime Inoue's healing technique, Sōten Kisshun.
- Eri shares multiple similarities with Tomura Shigaraki.
- Both have white hair (light blue in the anime) and red eyes.
- Both have uncommon Quirks, and both accidentally used said Quirks to kill members of their own families.
- Both had an estranged relationship with one of their parents, Tomura with his father who abused him, and Eri with her mother who abandoned her.
- Both were taken in by villainous foster fathers, Overhaul and All For One respectively, who abused them and manipulated them into believing they are inherently destructive.
- Both are connected to villain organizations, Tomura as the old leader of the League of Villains and now the current leader of the Paranormal Liberation Front, and Eri as a Shie Hassaikai hostage.
- Both have been depicted in red capes, Eri wrapped in Mirio Togata's cape and Tomura wearing X-Less' cape.
- The only difference is that Eri was saved by heroes while Tomura was never rescued and ended up on the path on villainy.
- Eri's English voice actress, Emily Neves, also voices Sirius.
|Families and Civilians|
|Asui Family||Beru Asui • Ganma Asui • Tsuyu Asui • Samidare Asui • Satsuki Asui|
|Bakugo Family||Masaru Bakugo • Mitsuki Bakugo • Katsuki Bakugo|
|Ida Family||Tensei Ida • Tenya Ida|
|Jiro Family||Kyotoku Jiro • Mika Jiro • Kyoka Jiro|
|Midoriya Family||Hisashi Midoriya • Inko Midoriya • Izuku Midoriya|
|Shimano Family||Katsuma Shimano • Mahoro Shimano|
|Shimura Family||Chizuo • Hana Shimura • Kotaro Shimura • Mako • Nana Shimura • Nao Shimura • Tenko Shimura|
|Todoroki Family||Enji Todoroki • Rei Todoroki • Fuyumi Todoroki • Natsuo Todoroki • Shoto Todoroki • Toya Todoroki|
|Tsukauchi Family||Makoto Tsukauchi • Naomasa Tsukauchi|
|Shield Family||David Shield • Melissa Shield|
|Haimawari Family||Koichi Haimawari • Shoko Haimawari|
|Oguro Family||Iwao Oguro • Tamao Oguro|
|Skyline Family||Christopher Skyline • Pamela|
|Civilians||Aorio Kuraishisu • Daikaku Miyagi • Eri • Hime • Ichimoku Samazu • Jube Namimaru • Komari Ikoma • Kota Izumi • Luminescent Baby • Miyashita • Public Safety Commission President • Rin Yaritezawa • Saito • Samuel Abraham • Sho • Takuto • Tamashiro • Taneo Tokuda • Teruo Hazukashi • The Mother of Quirks • Tsubasa • Untenmaru Kurumada • Yokumiru Mera|