You sure talk like you're above it all, Eraser. Kids hoping to be heroes are a dime and a dozen, y'know. And how far their determination will take them has nothing to do with how famous they are. Pretending you're the stars of the show and looking down on others is a good way... to get your just desserts.Emi Fukukaido to Shota Aizawa in "White-hot Battle! To Each Their Own Strengths!"
Emi Fukukado is a young athletic woman with chest-length bright green hair. She has dark green eyes with bright pupils and dark irises. Emi's most prominent feature is her joyous smile.
Ms. Joke's Hero costume consists of an orange bandana, a black sleeveless top, green and orange pinstripe shorts, and black pants. She also sports a waistband adorned with smiley-faced pins. Her hands are covered with orange combat gloves with metal plates around the wrists. Sometimes her costume also features a gas mask.
Ms. Joke is known for her cheerful and outgoing personality. She constantly tries to make those around her happy even without the use of her Quirk. Emi takes no shame in flirting with Shota Aizawa, endlessly trying to break his cold exterior to get out a smile. Her playful attitude plays into her hero work as she fights by distracting her opponents with laughter.
Ms. Joke deeply values her students and believes in their ability. She believed that Shota didn't share this same connection with his students because he didn't warn them about the licensing exam's traditions. Ms. Joke takes offense to Aizawa placing his students above her own and believes all kids have dreams of becoming great heroes.
Emi worked at an office near Shota Aizawa's office and they became well acquainted with each other. Whenever there was trouble, they would assist each other. At some point in her adult life, she also began working as a teacher at Ketsubutsu Academy High School.
Emi is among one of the many spectators who attended U.A's Sports Festival. 
On the day of the Provisional Hero License Exam, Emi excitedly walks up to Class 1-A and Shota Aizawa, having apparently met him before. Shota recognizes her, though he is less than excited to see her. Emi then reveals to Class 1-A that she and Shota used to work together as partners, even claiming that the two of them had feelings for each other but Shota denies the latter claim. She then calls her class over to meet Class 1-A, revealing that she teaches second-year students at Ketsubutsu Academy High School.
While Emi's class appears excited to meet U.A. High School students, some of them, namely Yo Shindo, appear to have ulterior motives. Emi instructs her class to get ready for the exam and change into their costumes. As the students were getting changed, she asks Shota if he told his class about what happens to U.A. students every year at the Hero License Exam and he responds that he did.
After that, Emi and Shota are seen sitting together on the bleachers of the Exam area, watching their respective students as the exam unfold, with Emi attempting to flirt with and tease Shota throughout the entire event. Emi comments on how every year, all the other schools gang up against U.A. students, though Shota insists that this does not matter. Emi notices that Shota had not expelled any of his pupils at that point, and asks him if he is particularly fond of this year's class. While Shota replies that he is not, Emi did not seem convinced by his answer.
After the exam concludes with a substantial portion of both Emi's and Shota's classes passing, Emi suggests that they carry out joint training with both classes in the future and Shota agrees.
Ms. Joke is a famous Pro Hero known for incapacitating her opponents in the wackiest fashion. She passes on her skills and knowledge to the future generation of heroes at Ketsubutsu Academy.
- Her surname Fukukado (福門?), translates to "fortune gate", and her given name Emi (笑?), is written with the character for "laughter". Her name is a play on a Japanese proverb about fortune coming to those who laugh.
- Ironically despite his personality, or perhaps because of it she seems to be romantically interested in Shota Aizawa. Though she might just be joking with him, as such claims are unconfirmed.
- The two dots on her neck may symbolize that her costume was created by the same designer as Ochaco Uraraka and Katsuki Bakugo.
- Ms. Joke's general aesthetic seems to be inspired by the DC supervillain Joker.
- Both have a clown/comedy theme and have green hair.
- Emi's Quirk, Outburst, is similar to the effects of Joker Venom.
- Their aliases - Joker and Ms. Joke - sound extremely similar.
- Her annoyance to Aizawa reflects Batman's irritation to The Joker's tauntings
- She also seems to be inspired by The Comedian from Watchmen.
- She wears a belt of smiley faces, an image that is shown throughout the comic, and heavily associated with The Comedian.
- Given also her heroic nature, she may have also been inspired by DC Earth-3's Jokester, The heroic parallel counterpart of The Joker whose outfit is buttoned with smiley faces and primary green (his whole color palette being an inversion to the Joker's).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 103 (p. 4-5) and Episode 53.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 34 (p. 6) and Episode 20.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 103 (p. 4) and Episode 53.
|Ketsubutsu Academy High School|
|Second Year Students||Yo Shindo • Tatami Nakagame • Shikkui Makabe • Itejiro Toteki|
|Heroes||All Might • Air Jet • Backdraft • Best Jeanist • Cementoss • Crimson Riot • Crust • Death Arms • Ectoplasm • Edgeshot • Endeavor • Eraserhead • Fat Gum • Fourth Kind • Gang Orca • Gran Torino • Gunhead • Hawks • Hound Dog • Ingenium • Kamui Woods • Kesagiriman • Lunch-Rush • Mandalay • Manual • Midnight • Mirko • Mt. Lady • Mr. Brave • Mr. Principal • Ms. Joke • Native • O’Clock • Takeshita • Thirteen • Pixie-Bob • Power Loader • Present Mic • Ragdoll • Recovery Girl • Rock Lock • Ryukyu • Sir Nighteye • Snatch • Snipe • Tiger • Uwabami • Vlad King • Wash • Yoroi Musha|
|Movie and Anime|
|Amplifier • Cow Lady • Elec Plant • Godzillo • Mr. Plastic • Nyikang • Pankration • Selkie • Takahiro • X|
|Sidekicks||Bubble Girl • Centipeder • Mick • Sirius|
|Hero Teams||Pussycats • Team Idaten • Water Hose|
|Unofficial Hero Teams||Hideout Raid Team|
|Related Articles||Costume • Hero Name • Hero Office • Quirk • U.A. High School|