The Eight Expendables (鉄砲玉 八斎衆 Teppōdama Hassaishū?) is a group of Yakuza who are part of Shie Hassaikai. The members consist of men who have lost their dignity and reason to live, therefore, they joined Overhaul as a means of having a reason to live. Despite, or perhaps because of this, the Eight Expendables are all powerful Yakuza with dangerous and resourceful Quirks.
Shie Hassaikai Arc
- Tamaki Amajiki vs. Toya Setsuno, Yu Hojo & Soramitsu Tabe
- Fat Gum & Eijiro Kirishima vs. Kendo Rappa & Hekiji Tengai
- Mirio Togata vs. Deidoro Sakaki & Shin Nemoto
- In Buddhism, the Eight Precepts are set of strict moral guidelines to be followed by the most serious of adherents. Each of the eight expendables can in some way be related to a Precept through their Quirk or their personality.
- 1. Kendo Rappa - Avoid killing, directly or indirectly. (Kendo's bloodthirsty nature and excitement for fights is in direct conflict with this precept.)
- 2. Toya Setsuno - Avoid stealing and taking things without the permission of their owner. (Toya's Quirk allows him to steal things from opponents.)
- 3. Yu Hojo - Avoid wearing jewelry, perfume, and make-up. Avoid singing, dancing or playing music with attachment. (Yu's Quirk can be related to jewelry.)
- 4. Soramitsu Tabe - Avoid eating more than one meal that day. (Soramitsu's Quirk allows him to eat and digest almost anything.)
- 5. Hekiji Tengai - which forbids taking shelter and resting under a luxurious canopy.(Hekiji's Quirk allows him to to make a shelter to protect himself.)
- 6. Rikiya Katsukame - Avoid sexual contact. (Rikiya's Quirk saps life force through physical contact and his main opponents are Ryukyu's all-female team.)
- 7. Shin Nemoto - Avoid lying and deceiving others. (Shin's Quirk disallows others from violating this precept, allows him to be the only one in the room who can tell lies.)
- 8. Deidoro Sakaki - Avoid toxicants: alcohol, tobacco and drugs, except for medical purposes. (Deidoro's Quirk causes others to enter a state similar to intoxication. Sakaki is also an alcoholic.)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 140.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 141.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 142.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 161.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 149.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 150.