Detroit Smash is All Might's signature move that Izuku later mimics after inheriting One For All. The move is a simple punch focusing One For All's stockpiling power into the fist. All Might's punches at 100% are capable of creating wind pressure so powerful it can change the weather.
All Might first used this technique to save Izuku and Katsuki from the Sludge Villain. Izuku first used this technique at 100% in the Battle Trial before dialing it down to 5% against Stain. Katsuki first used this technique in conjunction with Izuku to dispel a thunderstorm created by Nine.
- 5% Detroit Smash (5% デトロイトスマッシュ Go Pāsento Detoroito Sumasshu?): With One for All: Full Cowling active, Izuku delivers a quirk enhanced punch directly to his opponent. Izuku first used this technique in the air and hit Stain with a downwards punch..
- 100% Detroit Smash (100% デトロイトスマッシュ Hyaku Pāsento Detoroito Sumasshu?): Izuku activates One For All at 100% and delivers a straightforward lunging punch to the opponent. He first used this at the training camp he participated in to save Kota Izumi.
- Double Detroit Smash (ダブルデトロイトスマッシュ Daburu Detoroito Sumasshu?): Izuku and All Might combine their Detroit Smashes into a single, devastating charge. They performed this final attack against Wolfram, shattering through a humongous chunk of metal and causing a huge explosion that destroyed Izuku's Full Gauntlet.
- The attack refers to the city of Detroit, which is located in Michigan, USA.
- Detroit Smash is featured as a technique for Izuku in Jump Force.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 1 and Episode 2.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 10 and Episode 7.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 52 and Episode 29.
- ↑ My Hero Academia: Heroes: Rising.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 72 and Episode 41.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 75 and Episode 42.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 76 and Episode 42.