Comic allows Manga to materialize onomatopoeia into the real world in the form of giant Japanese letters.
The onomatopoeia is manifested with the same effects as the sound they're based from. This grants Manga excellent versatility, as he is given a way to conjure various effects by just spelling the right wording. The manifested onomatopoeia are quite durable and can even resist laser beams.
Using Comic too much and in rapid succession will eventually cause Manga's throat to become sore, limiting his actions.
The onomatopoeia that have been shown so far were:
- KA-BOOM! BANG! BLAM! BONK!; Creates huge, sturdy letters that crash through an area and function as a wall.
- jimejime; Creates letters that act as a humidifier.
- BOING; Creates bouncy letters that can rebound projectiles.
- The Quirk Comic shares many similarities with the first two acts of the Stand Echoes from the Diamond is Unbreakable arc of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series.
- Both use onomatopoeic words as a means of attacking.
- The onomatopoeia used has an added effect to the sound.
- However, one key difference is that with Echoes, the onomatopoeia has to be touched in order for the effect to be applied. Comic's effects, meanwhile, always work.
- It also shares the power set of Levy McGarden from Fairy Tail with her Solid Script magic, as the words emit power just like hers.