The majority of Class 1-B's students share a rivalry with Class 1-A. However, certain students (most prominently Neito Monoma) take their rivalry to extremes out of jealously of Class 1-A's popularity and strength and thus desire to topple them. So far, Class 1-B appears to be progressing somewhat faster than Class 1-A, this being evident when only one of the Class 1-B students, Neito, failed the End of Term Test when five students of Class 1-A failed. Furthermore, all of Class 1-B passed the Hero License Exam while Shoto Todoroki and Katsuki Bakugo of Class 1-A didn't.
The interactions between the students of Class 1-A and Class 1-B have been few due to the rivalry between the two classes. While Class 1-B treats Class 1-A as rivals (the latter appears to not return the rivalry), the two hero classes are on neutral terms with one another. There are a few in the class who do not outwardly bear ill-will towards Class 1-A and are even friendly towards them, such as Itsuka Kendo, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Ibara Shiozaki, and Setsuna Tokage.
Ultimately, the two classes are able to put their differences aside when necessary, (with the exception of Neito, who seems obsessed with the rivalry beyond reason) as shown during the attack by the League of Villains on the mountain training camp when some the members of Class 1-B readily accepted help from Class 1-A’s Momo Yaoyorozu, recieving gas masks to protect them from Mustard's Quirk, Yosetsu Awase later risking his life to protect Momo from a Nomu.
- Class 1-B is the only first-year class of U.A. High School to have all of their peers pass the Provisional Hero License Exam, where their rival class, Class 1-A, had two students fail.
- According to Neito Monoma's survey of the U.A. Cultural Festival, Class 1-B beat Class 1-A by two ballots.
- However, his results may be doctored since Neito's survey was "self-researched."
- Class 1-B"s play "Romeo, Juliet, & the Prisoner of Azkaban: The Return of the Kings" is based off Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien, respectively. In the play there is a scene where Romeo, played by Neito, confronts an antagonist, played by Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, who confesses to him that he is Romeo's father. That scene is a clear reference to the Star Wars franchise, with another character called Obi-Wan also referenced.
- Class 1-B is also the only class with confirmed foreign-exchange students.
Ranked from tallest to shortest
|1.Bondo Kojiro 190cm/6'3"||2.Kamakiri Togaru 189cm/6'2"|
|3.Kuroiro Shihai 176cm/5'9"||4.Honenuki Juzo 174cm/5'9"|
|5.Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu 174cm/5'9"||6.Shishida Jurota 174cm/5'9"|
|7.Kaibara Sen 172 cm/5'8"||8.Awase Yosetsu 172cm/5'8"|
|9.Monoma Neito 170cm/5'7"||10.Tsuburaba Kosei 170cm/5'7"|
|11.Rin Hiryu 170cm/5'7"||12.Shiozaki Ibara 167cm/5'6"|
|13.Kendo Itsuka 166cm/5'5"||14.Shoda Nirengeki 165cm/5'5"|
|15.Yanagi Reiko 165cm/5'5"||16.Kodai Yui 160cm/5'3"|
|17.Tokage Setsuna 158cm/5'2"||18.Tsunotori Pony 155cm/5'1"|
|19.Komori Kinoko 152cm/5'0"||20.Fukidashi Manga 140cm/4'7"|
Ranked by oldest to youngest
|1.Tsunotori Pony : April 21||2.Monoma Neito : May 13|
|3.Tsuburaba Kosei : May 19||4.Kaibara Sen : June 12|
|5.Honenuki Juzo : June 20||6.Rin Hiryu : July 14|
|7.Shiozaki Ibara : September 8||8.Kendo Itsuka : September 9|
|9.Tokage Setsuna : October 13||10.Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu : October 16|
|11.Kuroiro Shihai : November 1||12.Awase Yosetsu : November 7|
|13.Komori Kinoko : December 2||14.Kodai Yui : December 19|
|15.Bondo Kojiro : December 23||16.Kamakiri Togaru : January 7|
|17.Shoda Nirengeki : February 2||18.Fukidashi Manga : February 2|
|19.Yanagi Reiko : February 11||20.Shishida Jurota : March 26|
Joint Training Battles
The following is the outcome of the Joint Training Battles with Class 1-A
- Tsuyu Asui, Eijiro Kirishima, Koji Koda, Denki Kaminari, & Hitoshi Shinso vs. Ibara Shiozaki, Jurota Shishida, Kosei Tsuburaba, & Hiryu Rin: Team Asui won
- Momo Yaoyorozu, Fumikage Tokoyami, Yuga Aoyama & Toru Hagakure vs. Itsuka Kendo, Shihai Kuroiro, Kinoko Komori, & Manga Fukidashi: Team Kendo won
- Shoto Todoroki, Tenya Iida, Mezo Shoji, & Mashirao Ojiro vs. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Pony Tsunotori, Sen Kaibara, & Juzo Honenuki: Draw
- Katsuki Bakugo, Kyoka Jiro, Hanta Sero, & Rikido Sato vs. Yosetsu Awase, Setsuna Tokage, Togaru Kamakiri & Kojiro Bondo: Team Bakugo won
- Izuku Midoriya, Ochaco Uraraka, Mina Ashido, & Minoru Mineta vs. Neito Monoma, Yui Kodai, Nirengeki Shoda, Reiko Yanagi, & Hitoshi Shinso: Team Midoriya won
Quirks & Hero Names
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 27 (p. 17).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 197.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 201.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 206.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 208.