The majority of Class 1-B's students share a rivalry with Class 1-A. However, certain students (most prominently Neito Monoma) take their rivalry to extremes out of jealously of Class 1-A's popularity and strength and thus desire to topple them. So far, Class 1-B appears to be progressing somewhat faster than Class 1-A, this being evident when only one of the Class 1-B students, Neito, failed the End of Term Test when five students of Class 1-A failed. Furthermore, all of Class 1-B passed the Hero License Exam while Shoto Todoroki and Katsuki Bakugo of Class 1-A didn't.
The interactions between the students of Class 1-A and Class 1-B have been few due to the rivalry between the two classes. While Class 1-B treats Class 1-A as rivals (the latter appears to not return the rivalry), the two hero classes are on neutral terms with one another. There are a few in the class who do not outwardly bear ill-will towards Class 1-A and are even friendly towards them, such as Itsuka Kendo, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Ibara Shiozaki, and Setsuna Tokage.
Ultimately, the two classes are able to put their differences aside when necessary, (with the exception of Neito, who seems obsessed with the rivalry beyond reason) as shown during the attack by the League of Villains on the mountain training camp when some the members of Class 1-B readily accepted help from Class 1-A's Momo Yaoyorozu, receiving gas masks to protect them from Mustard's Quirk, Yosetsu Awase later risking his life to protect Momo from a Nomu.
- Class 1-B is the only first-year class of U.A. High School to have all of their peers pass the Provisional Hero License Exam, where their rival class, Class 1-A, had two students fail.
- According to Neito Monoma's survey of the U.A. School Festival, Class 1-B beat Class 1-A by two ballots.
- However, his results may be doctored since Neito's survey was "self-researched."
- Class 1-B"s play "Romeo, Juliet, & the Prisoner of Azkaban: The Return of the Kings" is based off Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien, respectively. In the play there is a scene where Romeo, played by Neito, confronts an antagonist, played by Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, who confesses to him that he is Romeo's father. That scene is a clear reference to the Star Wars franchise, with another character called Obi-Wan also referenced.
- Class 1-B is also the only class with confirmed foreign-exchange students.
Ranked from tallest to shortest
|1.Kojiro Bondo 190cm/6'3"||2.Togaru Kamakiri 189cm/6'2"|
|3.Shihai Kuroiro 176cm/5'9"||4.Juzo Honenuki 174cm/5'9"|
|5.Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu 174cm/5'9"||6.Jurota Shishida 174cm/5'9"|
|7.Sen Kaibara 172 cm/5'8"||8.Yosetsu Awase 172cm/5'8"|
|9.Neito Monoma 170cm/5'7"||10.Kosei Tsuburaba 170cm/5'7"|
|11.Hiryu Rin 170cm/5'7"||12.Ibara Shiozaki 167cm/5'6"|
|13.Itsuka Kendo 166cm/5'5"||14.Nirengeki Shoda 165cm/5'5"|
|15.Reiko Yanagi 165cm/5'5"||16.Yui Kodai 160cm/5'3"|
|17.Setsuna Tokage 158cm/5'2"||18.Pony Tsunotori 155cm/5'1"|
|19.Kinoko Komori 152cm/5'0"||20.Manga Fukidashi 140cm/4'7"|
Ranked by oldest to youngest
|1.Pony Tsunotori : April 21||2.Neito Monoma : May 13|
|3.Kosei Tsuburaba : May 19||4.Sen Kaibara : June 12|
|5.Juzo Honenuki : June 20||6.Hiryu Rin : July 14|
|7.Ibara Shiozaki : September 8||8.Itsuka Kendo : September 9|
|9.Setsuna Tokage : October 13||10.Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu : October 16|
|11.Shihai Kuroiro : November 1||12.Yosetsu Awase : November 7|
|13.Kinoko Komori : December 2||14.Yui Kodai : December 19|
|15.Kojiro Bondo : December 23||16.Togaru Kamakiri : January 7|
|17.Nirengeki Shoda : February 2||18.Manga Fukidashi : February 2|
|19.Reiko Yanagi : February 11||20.Jurota Shishida : March 26|
Joint Training Battles
The following is the outcome of the Joint Training Battles with Class 1-A
- Tsuyu Asui, Eijiro Kirishima, Koji Koda, Denki Kaminari, & Hitoshi Shinso vs. Ibara Shiozaki, Jurota Shishida, Kosei Tsuburaba, & Hiryu Rin: Team Asui won
- Momo Yaoyorozu, Fumikage Tokoyami, Yuga Aoyama & Toru Hagakure vs. Itsuka Kendo, Shihai Kuroiro, Kinoko Komori, & Manga Fukidashi: Team Kendo won
- Shoto Todoroki, Tenya Iida, Mezo Shoji, & Mashirao Ojiro vs. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Pony Tsunotori, Sen Kaibara, & Juzo Honenuki: Draw
- Katsuki Bakugo, Kyoka Jiro, Hanta Sero, & Rikido Sato vs. Yosetsu Awase, Setsuna Tokage, Togaru Kamakiri & Kojiro Bondo: Team Bakugo won
- Izuku Midoriya, Ochaco Uraraka, Mina Ashido, & Minoru Mineta vs. Neito Monoma, Yui Kodai, Nirengeki Shoda, Reiko Yanagi, & Hitoshi Shinso: Team Midoriya won
Quirks & Hero Names
|Student Name||Quirk||Hero Name|
|Togaru Kamakiri||Razor Sharp||Jack Mantis|
|Shihai Kuroiro||Black||Scheming Hero: Vantablack|
|Itsuka Kendo||Big Fist||Battle Fist|
|Nirengeki Shoda||Twin Impact||Mines|
|Pony Tsunotori||Horn Cannon||N/A|
|Kosei Tsuburaba||Solid Air||Tsuburaba|
|Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu||Steel||Real Steel|
|Setsuna Tokage||Lizard Tail Splitter||Lizardy|
|Neito Monoma||Copy||Phantom Thief|
|Hiryu Rin||Scales||Dragon Shroud|
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 27 (p. 17).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 197.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 201.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 206.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 208.