Shota's Capturing Weapon is a cloth-like equipment made from carbon fibers and a special metal alloy. Shota wears it around his neck at all times.
He is able to manipulate the weapon to ensnare his targets and immobilize them. He uses the weapon as a powerful combo with his Erasure Quirk and as a precaution for Mutant-type Quirk users who are immune to his nullification power.
To use the Capturing Weapon in battle efficiently, Shota developed his fighting style: Binding Cloth style. Shota Aizawa took five years to develop and mastered this style because he had to learn this from scratch without a proper master.
- It was noted by Shota that it took him 6 years to master the Capturing Weapon.
- This weapon appears to react towards Shota's Erasure Quirk in a way similar to his hair, although it's unknown why this happens.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 7 (p. 3) and Episode 6.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 14 (p. 6) and Episode 10.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 197.
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 214.
|Technology and Other Objects|
|Support Equipment||Air Force Gloves • Amplifier Jack • Artificial Vocal Cords • Capture Tapes • Costume • Full Gauntlet • Hydraulic Bracers • High Density Weights • Hover Soles • Iron Soles • Jet Pack • Quirk Amplification Device • Sevens Loud • Sharpshooting Gear • Wire Arrow|
|Weapons||Capturing Weapon • Capture Gun • Cement Gun • Claustro • Curious Flattener • Grenadier Bracers • Hyper-Density Seals • Taser Knuckle|
|Robots||Camera-Bots • Mini Conveyor-Bots • I-Island Security Bots • Villain Bots • Kanidoge's Mechs|
|Substances||Quirk-Destroying Drug • Trigger|
|Literature||Hero Analysis for the Future • Meta Liberation War|
|Miscellanous Objects||Provisional Hero License • Targets|