Acid allows Mina to create corrosive liquid from her skin.
This Quirk alters Mina's skin pigment, resulting in it having a purple-pink coloration. Despite that, her acid itself seems to be colorless. Acid can be generated in high quantities from any part of her skin, with Mina being capable of manipulating it to an extent.
Mina can produce acid that's strong enough to melt solid objects, including metal ones. This gives Mina an advantage against most adversaries, especially those who are overly reliant on easily-destroyable weapons and equipment, such as Yuga Aoyama.
Mina has a limit of how long she can keep producing acid, with her skin gradually losing its natural resistance to corrosion.
Mina can control the levels of solubility and viscosity of her acid. By lowering solubility, she ensures that her Quirk doesn't become lethal against most living beings. And by raising viscosity, Mina is able to generate extremely slimy acid that acts as a protective barrier by gluing it to surfaces.
Mina is noted to be capable of burning entrance holes on surfaces, letting her infiltrate secure locations. Similarly, she is able to melt spots on a wall with her acid-generating limbs in order to facilitate climbing. For ground mobility, Mina is capable of making the floor wet and slippery with acid for her to skate on. Mina wears special, acid-proof footwear with holes on their soles, making it easier for her to secrete acid from her feet whenever she needs to.
Mina is said to have difficulties in facing human adversaries due to not yet having full mastery over her Quirk's dangerous corrosive properties, so she's more comfortable battling inorganic foes. Mistakes may cause Mina to dissolve her own clothes accidentally. Because of that, her costume is built to be largely acid-resistant.
Named Super Moves
- Acid Veil (アシッドベール Ashiddobēru?): Mina's special move, by maximizing her acid's solubility and viscosity, she creates a powerful acid wall which blocks incoming projectiles. It is strong enough to block hardened balls (which are stronger than concrete) with ease.
- Like several other Quirks, Acid has its own signature sound effect: "SHZZ".
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 58 (p. 1).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 58 (p. 18).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 104 (p. 5).
- ↑ My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 214 (p. 7).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 214 (p. 9).
- Acid: Wikipedia article on the substance Mina creates.
- Solubility: Wikipedia article on one of the Quirk's properties Mina can manipulate.
- Viscosity: Wikipedia article on one of the Quirk's properties Mina can manipulate.
- Corrosion: Wikipedia article about the main effect of Mina's Quirk.